Coronavirus Statement: 01.07.20
The safety and security of our customers as well as the team that help operate our venues remains our highest priority as restrictions around COVID-19 are relaxed.
You may have noticed that OhSo Social has traded as a takeaway venue through the last few weeks. Even now the restrictions have eased, we have decided to continue to offer this service, for those that don’t feel comfortable with a conventional ‘dine in’ restaurant experience.
From July 4th, we will be offering an Eat In service, but with some key restrictions, and changes.
It’s really important to us that we offer a safe environment for both our customers and our staff. The following changes are being introduced after a full risk assessment and will apply until further notice during the COVID 19 pandemic. On your arrival, one of our staff will greet you and ensure your understanding of the below:
- We encourage reservations and all guests must leave their contact details should an outbreak occur.
- There is a one way flow of people in to and out of our premesis, so we can control and monitor numbers. Please adhere to the entry and exit signs.
- We’ll be offering table service throughout the venue and as a result the bar is exclusively for ordering items to take out.
- Hand sanitiser is available to both members of the public and our teams and we encourage you to regularly make use of this.
- Toilets are open for customers only – the nearest public facilities are 200m West along the beach.
- We ask that you adhere to government advice around social distancing.
- We can accept bookings of two separate households together, or two isolation bubbles together – all mixed groups will be spaced one metre apart
- Before every shift begins we’re ensuring with staff to make sure they feel fit and well – our teams are being encouraged to avoid public transport as a means of getting to and from work.
- Where possible, staff will work together in isolated groups – in an attempt to stop any spread of infection should it occur.
- We’ve equipped our managers with hand-held temperature guns, to record staff temperatures throughout operating shifts.
- Our opening hours and our menu are subject to change.
- We’re only taking card payments to reduce the chances of infection spreading from the outside.
- We’re increasing our daily hygiene routines with a deep clean every day – paying particular attention to ‘high traffic’ areas such as tills and table surfaces.
- PPE appropriate to circumstances has been issued to our staff where necessary (these are not items needed by NHS or healthcare professionals).
Daisy Boyce, Operations Manager